Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WEEK TWO HAS BEGUN!


I did it! Week two, day one. That is 90 seconds of running, two minutes of brisk walking for 20 minutes. Jogged to some really fun music yesterday - one being Thao & The Get Down Stay Down , check it out! Honestly, I really struggled last week. I was worried. Maybe it was that I finally found my sunglasses, or the cool weather, or my chic new (clearance!) pink back pack, but I'm happy to report yesterday went splendidly! There were times within in my 90 second intervals that I felt like I could have kept going! And there was only one time I didn't run the full 90 seconds, only because I had to tie my adorable asics shoe!

I encountered my first running-roadkill yesterday. A poor little unfortunate frog, and a thing, I say thing because I couldn't quite tell what the animal had been. And I didn't want to stare. Its not polite. RIP mother nature. I almost got hit by a car avoiding that second 'thing.' Blech!

Also, people of Wyandotte county, thank you for your concern- but I'm out getting some much needed exercise and training to be a warrior. I had two guys in trucks stop me to ask if I needed a ride down the road. I'm in work out clothes, have a bottle of water, my iPod and earphones in - and you think I need a ride? It frankly freaked me out too. I'm going to buy some mace to make myself feel better about my run on the secluded road I travel. Someone might have to learn the hard way, but you don't mess with the Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment